Monday, June 27, 2011

Rest In Peace, Ernie.


He's gone. And from how he was today, he was ready and thankful to go.

I can't write now. I'm so overwhelmed with emotion, guilt, remembrance, and just pure, utter sadness. I have lost a piece of myself, and I miss him with all of my being.

All I can use to console myself is that he was happy with me. He lived a good 9 years under my care, my scrutinizing eye. We had some amazing moments together, most of which weren't under saddle. I loved caring for him more than I ever could love riding him, I loved him that much.

I will cry for a while, but he was ready. He is no longer in pain, and that alone makes it worth it.

Rest In Peace, Ernie: 3/14/80 - 6/27/11. I love you with everything I have, and I always will.


2 comments:

  1. {Hugs} He's in a better place now and not in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so terribly sorry to hear about Ernie. This is the hardest part of loving horses, but the best part is all the good times had and life lessons taught. You will never forget those. Ernie is happy now and will always be watching over you and waiting for you. Best of luck in this hard time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...